I found some polar fleece that is almost the exact shade of maroon and made two ski style neck warmers.
No doubt I'll be making more of these as winter nears...
Do you want to make one too? They are really easy to make and you could get one done in 10 minutes and polar fleece is quite cheap, you could get three out of a 50cm cut.
What you need:
22 x 16" polar fleece
Needle and thread in matching colour
1) Cut your polar fleece to size. It's folded in half in the photo below.
2) Fold lengthwise with right sides together making a long skinnier strip
3) Sew along the open edge
4) Bring one end up into the tube until the edges are level ( I left it out a bit in this photo so you can see what I mean) See the right side is now poking out?
5) Now stitch around this circle, leaving a 3" gap to turn it right side out.
6) Turn it right side out through this hole and then hand stitch the opening shut (try to use matching threads and invisible stitches).
7) Tahdah, you are done!
Wasn't that easy! Easier than trying to get my son to pose for a photo! So here's a ridiculous one of me wearing it in front of the mirror. You should get the general idea.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone